Stoney Settlement Mizpah Community Church

///Stoney Settlement Mizpah Community Church

Stoney Settlement Mizpah Community Church

1860 records show the Missionary society of the Wesleyan Methodist Church in Canada show the Hastings Road Mission in the Stoney Settlement was well established. Meetings were held in the school house on Lot 22, Block A of Tudor Township.

May 24th 1900 the sod was turned and the corner stone laid for the church. The land was given by Captain T. Roberts. The building was a frame structure.

In early 1906 the Mizpah Church at Stoney Settlement was dedicated to the Worship of Almighty God.

The double wedding ceremony held on September 14th , 1935 for Millie McGarvey and Gilbert Phillips and Daisy Roberts and Robert McGarvey was the last one held in the church.

(Information and pictures from “Pilgrimage of Faith” written by Alma Blackburn, Blanche Sandford & Alma Moorcroft)

2018-01-23T10:36:14-04:00