1860 Hamlet of Glanmire is established (original name Jelly’s Rapids)

///1860 Hamlet of Glanmire is established (original name Jelly’s Rapids)

1860 Hamlet of Glanmire is established (original name Jelly’s Rapids)

Jelly’s Rapids named after Andrew Jelly very early Reeve of the township was established approximately seven miles north of “The Jordan” on the Old Hastings Road.

The Lavender, Breen and Lummiss families were early settlers.

Jelly’s Rapids was later renamed Glanmire.

2018-01-08T11:16:45+00:00